Young Carers Project
A new project to support young carers in Slough funded by BBC Children in Need
GET INVOLVED in creating, learning on how to use or set up ‘online activities/groups’ of interest to you
CONNECT with friends
ACCESS information advice & other support
Learn NEW IT SKILLs – creating podcats, using social media tools to connect with friends, learn new skills etc
FREE ACCESS to TABLETS, Internet connections & IT TUTORS to help you learn any new skill in your home, online or or other setting
Activities & Breaks
- Peer and community support, including young carer groups and peer mentoring schemes.
- Information, advice and guidance, including one-to-one support and age appropriate information.
- Digital, IT Learning & Skills Programme – online training on how to use different social media tools, platforms & interactive online activities g. Whats App groups, Webnairs, Zoom, Podcasts etc
- Fun Activities & Opportunities to meet other young carers
- Support Groups targeted to support different needs amongst young carers e.g. specific support group for girls, Under 12s etc
- Enabling young carers to have their ‘hidden voices heard’
- 121 and group based training support
- Emotional support
- Emergency support to help deal with any crisis
Reducing Isolation & Increasing Social connections
Improving young carers’ physical, mental and emotional health.
CONTACT: 01753 824374
A young carer is someone under 18 who helps look after someone in their family, or a friend, who is ill, disabled, has a mental health condition or misuses drugs or alcohol.